About Beam College
Beam College is a free educational program to provide hands-on training to solve data processing use cases using Apache Beam. The program offers live online training sessions which are then made available on-demand for future reference. It is designed to be flexible, so the participants can sign up and drop-in based on topics of their interests and needs.
Who is Beam College for?
- Users who would like to uplevel their data processing skills and make their day to day job more productive with Apache Beam.
- Users who would like to drive increased value for their existing technology investments built on Apache Beam with practical tips and hands-on training.
- People new to data processing who are interested in learning about ways to solve their business case with leading streaming analytics technology
What you will learn from the training
- The data processing ecosystem: how Beam fits in and real business case examples such as real-time monitoring, ML inference and etc.
- Beam under the hood including Beam model and components, DAG and Beam components with demos.
- In-depth review of advanced topics with hands-on exercises on sources and sinks, joins and PCollection splitting, advanced grouping, custom containers, multi-language pipelines and more.
- Lifecycle management of a data pipeline: Performance optimization, Cost optimization and Debugging.